From Fairmount Park Elementary’s APP Advisory Committee Representative, Jennie Wyatt:
Welcome to a new school year! We wanted to let you know about a few items as we launch into this 2014-15 year.
First, a reminder that the deadline to apply for Advanced Learning Test is October 2. The forms can be found here:
Second, you have already seen or heard about the name change for APP. The Advanced Learning Office announced at the beginning of September that the Accelerated Progress Program will now be called the Highly Capable Cohort. The name change mirrors the State’s terminology for Highly Capable Services. The HCC refers specifically to the students who are both qualified for highly capable services and enrolled at specific sites. These changes are explained here:
As a result, the APP Advisory Committee will also undergo a name change to the Highly Capable Services Advisory Committee, or HSC AC. You will see that change reflected in future communications.
Third, the meeting schedule for the Advisory Committee is as follows (although locations may be subject to change):
Tuesday, October 7, 6:30-8:30 pm, Garfield High School Library
Tuesday, November 4, 6:30-8:30 pm, Lincoln Library
Tuesday, December 2, 6:30-8:30 pm, Thurgood Marshall Library
Tuesday, January 6, 6:30-8:30 pm, Hamilton International Middle School Library
Tuesday, February 3, 6:30-8:30 pm, Washington Middle School Library
Tuesday, March 3, 6:30-8:30 pm, Jane Addams Middle School Library
Tuesday, April 7, 6:30-8:30 pm, Fairmount Park Elementary School Library
Tuesday, May 5, 6:30-8:30 pm, Ingraham High School Library
Tuesday, June 2, 6:30-8:30 pm, Garfield High School Library
Meeting agendas will be sent out with reminders at least one week prior to the meeting date. Please direct any questions or concerns to parent representatives prior to the meeting, to facilitate the discussion.
We look forward to a productive year ahead.
- Chair, Jeanne Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary, Xander Barber email@example.com
- Diversity Representative, Nisha Hochwalt firstname.lastname@example.org
- Communications Representative, Robert Njegovan email@example.com
- Fairmount Park Elementary Parent Representative, Jennie Wyatt firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lincoln Parent Representative, Gail Herman email@example.com
- Thurgood Marshall Elementary Parent Representative, Liz Porter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hamilton International Middle School Parent Representative, Noelle Clemons email@example.com
- Jane Addams Middle School Parent Representative, open
- Washington Middle School Parent Representative, Stephen Page firstname.lastname@example.org
- Garfield High School Parent Representative, open
- Ingraham High School Parent Representative, Vicki Schweickart email@example.com
Advertising helps supplement this free website by DigitalPTO.com | Disable Ads Here