Greetings, Friends of Fairmount Park Elementary! If you need to contact your PTA, please email us at email@example.com.
Thank you for your continued support of this fledgling school community. As many of us anxiously await enrollment confirmation from Seattle Public Schools, the Steering Committee is making progress in formalizing an all-inclusive, child-centric, collaborative community of parents, teachers, and students that has the power to raise funds and organize programs and events in support of Fairmount Park Elementary.
On March 14, following due diligence, Steering Committee members unanimously voted to become a PTA (versus a PTO or other type of non-profit organization). With your support and engagement, we will proceed as follows:
- Meet with Washington State PTA Region 6 Director in the next week to clarify process and best practices, to review the affiliation application, and to plan a charter meeting
- Affiliate with Washington State PTA
- Host a PTA Charter Member Meeting in early May
- File necessary paperwork to become a 501(c)(3)
- Continue to liaise with gracious West Seattle school and community resources
In addition to our recent Steering Committee meeting:
- Hillary and Jasmine attended PTA and the Law training on March 8
- We preemptively purchased two domain names, to set the stage for thorough and consistent communication — we will start using some of these tools immediately
We will continue to communicate throughout this process, and welcome your ideas, feedback, questions, and assistance at any time.